I recently had a Linux install blow up because of an unsupported ATI video card. It made me think the time is ripe for a Linux NostalgiaConf. Here some some ideas for talks, workshops, etc.:
- "The best modelines for your XFree86.conf"
- "a.out to elf: is it worth it?"
- "Alpha! Alpha! Alpha!"
- "There's a shrinkwrapped boxed game and it runs on Linux and you should buy it just because"
- "Open Bar courtesy of LinuxCare"
- "Laptop Hibernation: how to make it work right, every time"
Just kidding about that last one.