Here's a note from Hans Hübner on the Hunchentoot mailing
From: Hans Hübner
Subject: Upcoming Hunchentoot release - Web design wanted
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:08:42 +0100
as you may have seen from the revision log
there has been a fair amount of change to Hunchentoot in the recent
weeks and Edi is planning to make a new release soon.
Here are the highlights of what has been changed:
- Logging has been overhauled. There are now two generic function
ACCEPTOR-LOG-MESSAGE and ACCEPTOR-LOG-ACCESS that perform the logging
and can be specialized on a per-acceptor basis. By default,
Hunchentoot now logs to the console instead of being silent.
- Error handling and reporting has been reworked. Internal errors are
handled more gracefully.
- The default request handler is gone. By default, Hunchentoot now
generates a 404 message if an unknown URL is requested.
- Error message generation can now be customized on a per-acceptor
fashion. Also, code to generate error messages from HTML template
files has been added.
- By default, Hunchentoot now serves static files. A document tree
including a simple "It works!"-like home page, the documentation in
HTML format and customized error pages will be distributed with
Hunchentoot and served by default.
- Robustness changes from ITA
- Various smaller bug fixes
Before making a release, I would like to improve the looks of the
standard document tree and the error pages a little. Does someone
have web design skills that they want to contribute? If so, please
have a look at the current development version (svn co
http://bknr.net/svn/ediware) and me patches. I'm not looking for
anything too fancy. Good looks can't hurt, though! :)