My iPhone 3G broke. The Home button stopped working. My options were to do get it "repaired" for $199 (actually just a straight replacement), upgrade to a 3GS for $199, or get some other kind of phone. I upgraded to a 3GS, and it's pretty awesome.
- The camera is way, way better, with much closer focus. I used to have trouble getting clear shots of documents (e.g. prescriptions, receipts, etc) with my 3G. Not a problem with 3GS.
- The combination of the better camera and faster overall speed makes the RedLaser app really fast and really accurate
- The screen stays clean
- It's a lot faster at launching apps and loading websites
- Voice Control is neat. It took me several days to Google how to activate it (hold down the Home button for a while)
- Map location seems more accurate
It sucked to have my old phone break, but I'm glad I upgraded.