Shanna cleaned out the junk drawer today. "Hey, do you want to save this Wilco ticket stub? No? What if they become famous?"
Stuff I didn't like initially:
- It's heavier than I expected
- Hard to find a comfortable position for watching/reading when lying down
- Thumb typing sucks and also touch typing sucks
- Super Monkey Ball 2 is choppy
- Netflix app is half-baked and sometimes crashes
- No Facebook app
Stuff I liked right away:
- Physically very pretty, display is bright and crisp and makes my pictures look better
- Maps look great
- Book app looks gorgeous (I'm coming from the Kindle iPhone reader, which is functional but small and ugly in comparison)
- Book app has my current Kindle public domain book free (The Worst Journey in the World)
- Netflix app works enough to watch stuff
- Plays my local HTTP-served MP4 files easily
Erik & I read Winnie-the-Pooh on it before bed. Even though I told him it's an iPad, he calls it "the computer-thing."