Here's a bit from Frode's email to movitz-devel:
- First of all, activity has picked up a bit the last month or so. So this is a great time to jump on the bandwagon :-)
- The Wiki is open for business: http://trac.common-lisp.net/movitz/wiki
- The IRC channel is #movitz on irc.freenode.net.
- I have more or less migrated my primary development environment to SBCL and SLIME, and so I made the effort to polish the Movitz tools for this setup. See http://trac.common-lisp.net/movitz/wiki/MovitzAndSlime
- Some recent developments are: Much better &key argument parsing in (compiled) functions, improved floppy bootloader, VGA graphics (http://ccgi.bealbywm.plus.com/blog/2007/03/07/vga-in-movitz/), and improved keyboard driver by Shawn Betts. Reportedly, Mr. Betts has also successfully implemented preemptive thread switching.
- My own development focus currently is to invent a reasonable mechanism for waiting/blocking. The current busy-looping nature of movitz kernels is clearly the biggest wart on the system.
- While I have nothing concrete to show for it, I have been thinking that adding/porting Movitz to 64-bit x86 would be very interesting. (Not to mention there is a window of opportunity now while our main competitor Microsoft is struggling to port their legacy systems.)
That's it for now, happy hacking to all,