LispWorks 5.0 brings these new features:
- Support for Intel-based Macintosh machines and universal binaries
- New 64-bit implementations on Windows, Macintosh and Linux platforms
- A new port, LispWorks for FreeBSD
- Improved architecture on x86 Windows and Linux platforms bringing enhanced performance
- Lisp processes use pthreads on Linux and FreeBSD
- Better CAPI dialogs on Cocoa and a host of new CAPI features on all platforms
- Support for Windows XP(R) themes
- New Symbol Browser and Tracer tools
- A new Application Delivery tool, helping you to build your LispWorks applications
- Native support for Oracle(R) OCI, Oracle LOBs and MySQL in Common SQL
- Support for multithreading and truth maintenance in KnowledgeWorks(R)
LispWorks 5.0 continues to offer excellent value with no runtime license fees. A maintenance package is available offering best value on future upgrades.
Cool. Unfortunately, the Personal Edition won't be out until later in the year.
update 30 bit fixnums, too!