July 6th, 2004

(no subject)

Some progress. I figured out how to muddle through most of a TrueType font file to extract the curve information for arbitrary characters. For example, here's "X" in Bitstream Vera. You might also notice that it's upside down; that's because TrueType's Y coordinate goes up, and Flash's Y coordinate goes down, and I didn't bother to translate it.

The "%" glyph in Times New Roman. I hadn't done curves just yet, so I just drew straight lines to the points, whether they were on the glyph outline or not.

The "Z" glyph in Times New Roman. My first attempt at curves, and I got the math all wrong. Gonna try to fix it tomorrow.

Yay Lisp!